Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sketchers & Asics vs. Glacier Rocks


Yesterday following our excursion to Mont Blanc, we hiked for about three hours (can't find the distance right now), to Montenvers- Mer de Glace, or the rapidly receding Sea of Ice glacier. As always, we came amply prepared for our journey sporting the latest in hiking footwear (Dick, I hope you and Doug had better footwear for your hikes). Glaciers sure leave a lot of rocks in their wake -- lots of them, that it seems you need to hike over to be able to view the glacier itself. For a second there I thought that might shoes were going to break in two; however, I was already contemplating the story that I was going to tell the people at Sketchers about why they should give me a replacement pair of shoes (I mean, come on, we "hiked Mont Blanc" in Sketchers). Even so, we made the spectacular journey from the mid-point tram station to Aiguille du Midi to the glacier. The weather was beautiful! Below are images of us by the glacier and the rocks we walked over. You can find out more about the places we went by visiting this site.

No comments: